The Haryana state government soon released their notification for State Eligibility Test in Computer Appreciation (SETC), The test is conducted by Haryana State Electronics Development Corporation Limited popularly known as HARTRON. This examination is mandatory for the Clerical post holders.
HARTRON organized SETC test every year for the recruitment of post requisite qualifications for Clerks, Senior and Junior Scale stenographers, Steno-typists, Clerk-cum Computer Operator, Office Associate, Clerk-cum-Data Entry Operator, Steno-typist, Data Entry Operator and Clerk-cum-Typist.
HARTRON SETC Exam Overview
The main objective of conducting the entrance exam is to achieve 100% IT literacy in government offices. Those Interested Applicants who want to get admission in different IT courses in the field of Clerical post then you have to appear for the HARTRON SETC exam.
According to official notification currently working clerks (whether regular or contractual) shall be mandatory for the exam to increment in his/her pay scale. But for newly / recruited applicants need to appear for the entrance exam to get admission in such courses. Interested candidates who want to appear for the SETC exam then have to register themselves on the official website via filling Application Form.
Before filling the application form and starting preparing for the exam candidate must check the eligibility criteria for admission:
- Indian citizens can apply for exam.
- Those candidates who are existing/ newly recruited Clerks, Clerk-cum Computer Operator, Office Associate, Clerk-cum-Data Entry Operator, Stenotypist, Data Entry Operator, and Clerk-cum-Typist of Government Departments / Boards/ Corporations/ Agencies, etc.
- Those candidates who passed in Tech / B.Tech Computers / MCA / BCA / Diploma in Computers from any recognized institute including polytechnics.
- If you have a Clear the basic computer literacy certificate (NIELET) then you are eligible for the exam.
- An interested applicant who has Haryana State Certificate in Information Technology from (HKCL authorized centre) are eligible for the exam.
- Age limit: There are no age criteria
All the Registered candidates have to pay the entrance test Application Fee via online mode Debit card, Credit card and Net Banking or through demand draft.
- Non-exempted candidates have to pay the amount of ₹ 590 and
- Exempted candidates will have to pay the amount of ₹354
Candidates/ Employees have to pay for both tests (Part-I & Part-II). Once you pay the application fee in the favour of the institution payment cannot be refunded or reverted.
Download the SETC Exam Fees Receipt
- Go to the official website
- Choose the option of Print Receipt
- Enter the Details such as registration no. and Date of Birth.
Applicants can check the important topics of the SETC exam from below:
- Introduction to Computer
- Introduction to Windows
- Word Processing
- WWW and Web Browsers
- Introduction to E-mail
The SETC would consist of two papers:
Part-I: An objective type multiple choice questions online test comprising of 50 questions with four options of answers in English language only. All the appeared candidates have to score at least passing percentage for the online test shall be 50%.
Part-II: This exam is conducted for checking candidate typing speed, 30 words per minute in English and 25 words per minute in Hindi converted with equivalent key depressions in both cases, as the typing speed would be tested on a computer.
- Writing Speed typing test in English and Hindi of five min duration. candidate Have to specify his/her language option(s) for the speed test in the application form.
- Those candidates who passed the online test then they can appear for the written exam. Hindi typing test will be conducted in the KRUTI DEV 010 font.
- Candidates have to visit the official website to fill the application form.http://setchartron.in/
- After visiting the official website click on Apply Online tab. ( Link activated when they realised their notification form for the new session.)
- Once the registration link open Applicants have to fill up all required information in the application form correctly.
- Now, you have to enter basic details including name, address, contact number, and email Id
- After entering the details now upload a scanned copy of passport size photograph and signature.
- The size of the scanned photograph and signature should be less than 100kb. must be in .jpg or .gif format only.
- Before submission of fee Applicant will see his/her application form summary by clicking on the save & preview button.
- Once you should check his/her details and make necessary corrections if required, under option Edit/Update.
- After checking all the details you have to pay the application fee.
- Once you pay the application fee and submit the application form then you will be allotted a unique Registration Number.
The exam authority released admit card a minimum of 15 days before from exam date. Once the admit card is declared. All the students have to download admit cards from the official Website. You can download the Admit Card by following the steps given below.
- Go to the official website
- After visiting the official website click on Click here to Download e-Admit Card link.
- Now, enter the mentioned credential detail.
- Click on submit button.
- Now, your admit card will be displayed.
Click on download.
- Print out the hard copy of the SETC Hall Ticket for the exam.
Here are the following Details Mentioned On the Admit Card:
- Roll number
- Category of candidate
- Time of reporting
- Address of the exam centre
- Name of the candidate
- Father’s name/spouse’s name
- Signature and photography
All the applicant who appeared and passed both Paper-I & Paper-II gets a certificate from Haryana State Electronics Development Corporation Limited. Exemption category candidates who qualified for Paper-II are awarded certificates from the authorities. On the certificate language of the typing test is specified and the qualifying status is “passed”. On this certificate Basis their pay scale increase in salary packages.